DSKV IJzersterk was created in 2015 and made official in 2016 with the following goals:
- To share reliable and trustworthy information about strength training in general.
- To share knowledge and expertise between athletes of different disciplines.
- To participate in competitions together.
- To give seminars and trainings.
- And most of all: to train together and to motivate each other in accomplishing personal goal(s).
These points are what we offer to you when you
the association. As an IJzersterk member, you will have access to the VKR every Saturday from 13.00 to 15.00 and weekdays
from 13.00-15.0, where we can help you with technique and other issues.
The sports that are practised within the association are powerlifting, Olympic weightlifting and strongman.
The current coaches are:
- Ruud Kassing (powerlifting)
- Joey Ma (powerlifting)
- Fabbio Hu (powerlifting)
- Jip Buwalda (general strength)
- San Kilkis (Olympic weightlifting)
Through trial and error, we have built up a huge amount of experience over the years. Besides lifting, we are also knowledgeable
about nutrition, programming and competition preparation.
When you are a member of the association you can be trained by one of our coaches. If you are in need of instructions for
a certain lift you can contact one of the coaches. For help with programming, nutrition and or competition preparation,
you can contact us by e-mail, whatsapp or poke us in the gym for help. So make sure to use our knowledge!